1. Rex Ryan can back Mark sanchez all he wants in new york, but it's time to make the change for the jets to tebow. tebow can't save the jets either, but at least it will shut up all those clamoring for him to play. sanchez has lost all confidence and looks lost out there. the jets offense is a disaster and needs to be blown up at the end of the season. tony sparano has done an awful job as coordinator, and mike tannenbaum has done a terrible job putting this offense together. nonetheless, it's time to sit sanchez and play tebow and see what happens.
2. The Houston Texans had the most impressive win of the week, with a tough, gutsy win in sloppy conditions in chicago. the texans beat the bears at their own game...running the football and playing tough defense. The bears defense kept them in the game as much as they could, but jay cutler turned it over a bunch in the first half and then jason campbell couldn't lead the bears to any tds in the second half after cutler left with a concussion. A very good win for the houston texans.
3. The Saints were finally able to knock off the previously unbeaten falcons, winning 31-27 at home in the superdome. the saints probably dug themselves too big a hole to get out of to make the playoffs, but at least they're continuing to play hard and are trying to get their season back to respectability. as for the falcons, i'll say this...no one thought they were going undefeated this season, and they still have a solid lead for home field in the nfc playoffs. having said that, they better hope they don't run into a good offensive team come playoff time. that defense is not ready to win a game yet against a bit time offense.
4. Philadelphia fans have been calling for Nick foles to play over michael vick for weeks and now they're going to get their wish. foles replaced and injured vick in the loss to the cowboys yesterday. the eagles season is over and it's time to see if foles can be the future of the franchise or if he is just a pre season wonder boy. this is an eagles franchise that has very big changes coming at the end of the season, starting with andy reid and michael vick.
5. another team with major changes coming is san diego. coach norv turner got angry with a media member after the game, but he should be angry with his team that is simply collapsing. Phillip Rivers put up some big numbers, but threw two awful interceptions again in big spots to hurt his team. rivers level of play has dropped considerably from past years and this is a team whose defense is not at all what people thought it would be. the chargers will be looking for a new coach very soon as well.
6. THE NY GIANTS ARE ONCE AGAIN GOING THROUGH THEIR NOVEMBER SWOON. THE OFFENSE HAS BEEN ABYSMAL THE LAST TWO WEEKS AND THE WHOLE TEAM LOOKS AS IF THEY COULDN'T WAIT FOR THE BYE WEEK TO GET HERE. ELI MANNING MADE SOME TERRIBLE DECISIONS AND THE VAUNTED GIANTS PASS RUSH HAS DISAPPEARED AS WELL. THE GIANTS SECONDARY IS AN ABSOLUTE BLACK HOLE WITHOUT A BIG PASS RUSH. COACH TOM COUGHLIN HAS A LOT OF WORK TO DO WITH THIS TEAM WHEN THEY GET BACK FROM THE BYE WEEK, WHEN THEY WILL HAVE THE PACKERS COMING IN FOR A VISIT.
7. All that talk about the Miami Dolphins maybe being a playoff team? That's been eviscerated. The dolphins were blown out by the tennessee titans at home 37-3. reggie bush was benched after fumbling in the 2nd quarter and ryan tannehill threw 3 interceptions. the dolphins are still at least a year or so away from having any real playoff aspirations.
8. the detroit lions had a massive setback in their attempt to get back in the playoff hunt. they got behind early in minnesota and couldn't catch the vikings all afternoon, losing 34-24. Give the Vikings some credit...they had not been playing good ball at all and this win keeps them right in the thick of the nfc north division race and nfc wild card race. it comes down to the fact that right now, no one is better than adrian peterson. even with defenses set up to stop him, he is running right through them anyway.
9. I really don't know what to say about the st. louis-49ers tie. i guess a tie is like kissing your nfc west sister.
10. Finally, I can't see anyway the steelers lose at home to the chiefs tonight. maybe pittsburgh is looking ahead to the ravens next week and doesn't have it's best stuff tonight, but the chiefs are horrendous. they haven't led in a game all year. steelers 24-cheifs 13.