2) greene needs to run the ball. He has 509 yards on 139 attempts with 5 touchdowns and 3 fumbles. He's only averaging 3.7 yards a carry and most of his yards this season came in week 1 and week 6. If Sanchez/Tebow are going to throw ball we need 1st downs using the run game and we need big run plays. Although the Jets are 10th in the league in rushing offense they are 22nd with 3.9 yards a rush. The jets are also 7th in the league with attempts and you would think they would have more yards and touchdowns.
3) Coaching staff needs to choose Sanchez or tebow and tell the world who will be the QB for the rest of the season.
4) Sanchez if he's the QB needs to throw less interception and fumble the Ball less. He has more Fumbles then all of the Jets running backs combined. The Jets only have 6.4 yards a catch which is 28th in the League. And the Jets combined QB Rating is 30th in the league with a 73.1 QB rating. Sanchez himself. For qualified QB's Sanchez is 3rd to last in QBR and his completion percentage is last for all QB's with a 52.9 completion %.
6) Play calling needs to be better in the goal line. On 3rd and 1 on the 2 yard line you don't throw a slant route you give it to tebow up the middle or the full back. Awful play calling this season on the goal line.
7) Jets need more 1st down. We have 152 and rank 14th but 16 come off penalty's and the top 5 teams in first downs 4 of them made the playoffs and two of them made the Super Bowl last year there is defiantly a correlation between the two. Jets get more first down + less time for the other team to score + rest for defense = wins.
8) We need to sack the QB! The jets only have 12 Sacks which is 25th in the league and last in the AFC East. Miami has 23.
9) Penalty's are killing us! We have 51 for 475 yards. The team with the least penalty's the Atlanta Falcons who are undefeated, then the giants, then the dolphins yes the dolphins they didn't have a single penalty in the game last week vs the jets.
10) Win the games we should win! Now i know its not easy to go into seattle and win and then stay west and beat the rams it's not easy. But if rex, Sanchez, sparano, and Tannenbaum want their jobs next season they need to win 6 out of the last 8 games of the season. THEY NEED to! right now we're 3-5 winning 6 would put us at 9-7 which still doesn't promise us playoffs. If we really want to make the playoffs we need to go 7-1 in the second half the only loss being to the patriots on thanksgiving. It's do-able it really is especially with our defense. It all depends on Sanchez, Greene, and the young wr's we have on offense.
My Prediction: The jets will end up either 7-9 or 8-8 depending on if they beat the Bills in week 17 or not. I see them losing to Seattle, New England, San Diego, and Buffalo and Rex, Sparano, Tanny, and Sanchez all aren't jets next season. Maybe Sanchez no one else though. Its going to be rough for jets fans especially if the giants make the playoffs and go far in. With a good free agency, some trades, and a good draft (hopefully with a new GM) the jets could be back to playoffs form next season with revis and Holmes. Go Jets!