- If the Jets finish with a poor record, Tannenbaum and Rex have a much higher chance of getting fired.
- we get a higher draft pick. If we go 9-7 our pick will probably be between 16-20. As a Jets fan I want a top 14 pick and finishing 7-9 or 8-8 could get us that.
- The Jets will do a major roster overhaul (cutting Bart, Pace.....)
- It would be much harder to defend Mark Sanchez. If the Jets go 9-7 with Sanchez at quarterback, the Jets will for sure feel good about him as quarterback.
- Woody will not be happy and will look to spend some money.
Losing may get 2/3 of this group no longer a part of this organization
At 5-7, the chances of the Jets making the playoffs are slim to none. In order to make the playoffs they would have to run the table, and hope for a few colts and Steeler losses. With the next four games very winnable , do you want the Jets to win out even if they do not make the playoffs? I would love to see the Jets win every game, but the positives of not winning much out way the Jets winning out. Here are five reasons you should root for the Jets not to win out.