1. The Baltimore Ravens had perhaps the most costly victory this week. They lose ladarius webb, a very good corner, to a torn acl. more importantly, the lose future hall of fame linebacker ray lewis to a torn tricep. both are out for the season. lewis, whose play has undoubtedly slipped a bit this year, is still the leader of that defense and that team. his personality will sorely be missed as the ravens now need their offense to really start carrying them.
2. tHE tEXANS GOT WHIPPED ON SUNDAY NIGHT BY WHAT SEEMED TO BE A VERY MOTIVATED PACKERS SQUAD. AARON RODGERS AND COMPANY WENT INTO HOUSTON AND PUT A BEATING ON THE TEXANS, WHO EVERYONE THOUGHT MAY BE THE BEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE. THE PACKERS PLAY LIKE THAT EVERY WEEK, THE REST OF THE NFC BETTER LOOK OUT.
3. ATLANTA STAYS UNBEATEN WITH AN OVERTIME WIN AGAINST THE RAIDERS. THE FALCONS MAY BE 6-0, BUT IT DOESN'T SEEM AS IF ANYONE SEES THEM AS THE BEST TEAM IN FOOTBALL. A LOT OF PEOPLE STILL HAVE A TON OF DOUBT ABOUT THEIR DEFENSE. NONETHELESS, THE FALCONS CONTINUE TO PUT THEMSELVES IN POSITION TO RUN AWAY WITH THEIR DIVISION AND GET HOMEFIELD ADVANTAGE IN THE NFC PLAYOFFS.
5. philadelphia can't get out of its own way. Michael vick turns it over 3 more times and the eagles blow a 10 point 4th quarter lead at home against the lions. on tuesday, the eagles fire defensive coordinator juan castillo. while the defense couldn't protect the lead, let's be fair here.....the defense is not the reason the eagles are now 3-3. it's the offense and vick's turnover issues. vick continues to turn it over, andy reid may have no choice but to bench him. reid is now coaching for his future.
6. i'm still waiting to see what everyone saw in jason garrett when he was the hot assistant a few years ago and everyone had to have him. the cowboys gave him the head coaching job and he has been much less than impressive since then. the cowboys let another very winnable game slip away from them on sunday in baltimore. dez bryant dropped a 2 point conversion that was right in his hands to tie the game. the cowboys recover the onside kick, put themselves in field goal range, and then have absolutely no idea what to do with the clock after that. instead of finding a way to pick up a few extra yards, they look lost on offense, run the clock down, and have to settle for a 51 yarder, which dan bailey missed. that is squarely on the head coach, who simply looks over his head. the cowboys don't turn it around this year, garrett should go.
7. There are going to be scores of changes in kansas city at the end of the season. The chiefs are an utter disaster, getting blown out by 4 tds in tampa bay over the weekend. Brady quinn was less than stellar in his first start for the chiefs. There have been reports g.m. scott pioli is now in trouble and not getting a contract extension. the chiefs could very well be cleaning house at the end of the year.
8. aNOTHER TEAM ON THE VERGE OF HAVING TO DO SO MAY BE THE SAN DIEGO CHARGERS. PHILLIP RIVERS PLAYED THE KIND OF GAME MONDAY NIGHT THAT IF HE PLAYED IN NEW YORK, HE WOULD HAVE BEEN RUN OUT OF TOWN. UP 24-0 AT THE HALF AND DOMINATING THE BRONCOS, THE CHARGERS GET OUTSCORED 35-0 IN THE SECOND HALF AND LOSE BY DOUBLE DIGITS AT HOME. JUST AN AWFUL LOSS. rIVERS PLAYED ATROCIOUS AND IT NOW HAS TO PUT NORV TURNER BACK ON THE FIRING LINE. THE CHARGERS, AS HAS BEEN SAID FOR YEARS, ARE SIMPLY TOO TALENTED TO BE THIS MEDIOCRE. A LOT OF CHANGES MAY BE COMING THERE AS WELL.
9. I got my first look at andrew luck this week, and while he didn't play all that well and his team got steamrolled by the jets, you can clearly see this kid is going to be a major player in the league for years to come. he has a great grasp of the offense, can make all the throws. he's a rookie running a hurry up offense. The colts are in very good hands for the next 12 years or so.
10. In fairness, all the rookie qbs have shown some ability this year. Robert Griffin iii in washing ton has looked fantastic at times. ryan tannehill has given dolphin fans a ton of hope in miami. russell wilson has pulled some wins out of his hat this year, including sundays comeback over the patriots. and brandon wheeden, who is surrounded by less talent than any of the others, has shown flashes of being able to be a starter in this league as well. The NFL is full of good young qbs nowadays, which always makes it easier to