1. Patriots look good again. I think the offensive line will give them some issues, but the Pats look faster on defense. Rookies Chandler Jones and Dontae Hightower made immediate impacts on the defense. With a soft schedule, Pats could be looking at another 13 win season.
2. Gonna be a long year in Miami. Ryan Tannehill simply isn't ready to play and they don't have a lot of skill position guys either. Dolphins will have a top 5 pick next year. Tannehill just somehow needs to SURVIVE this year.
3. Not a surprise how good the Ravens looked, but for as good as Baltimore was, that's how bad the Bengals were. They got badly beaten by the Ravens. They looked terribly unprepared, Dalton wasn't good. I think the Bengals are taking a step back this year. Week 1 was a good indication of that for me.
4. Pittsburgh has issues on the offensive line, and that defense has gotten a little slower. Granted, they had no James Harrison and no Ryan Clark in Denver, but it does seem as if something is missing with that team. Don't bet against them, but this could be a year Pitt slips back a bit.
6. I was surprised how flat the Giants were last Wednesday. They were the first Super Bowl winning team to lose their home opener the following year in that opening night game, and they deserved it. Dallas was better in every facet of the game. Dallas looked good on defense too. They may have fixed all the leaky parts of that "d" over the off-season.
7. The Eagles were EXTREMELY lucky they were playing the Browns on Sunday. Michael Vick was awful, they turned it over a ton, and still managed to escape with a 1 point win. They're far too talented a club to have that many problems with a team as bad as Cleveland.
8. Great win for the Redskins in New Orleans. Robert Griffin III showed you what kind of talent he has. I think the Saints are going to miss Sean Payton more than a lot of people believe. I think New Orleans is a 7-8 win team without their coach.
9.No question the most impressive win of the weekend for me was the 49ers soundly defeating the Packers in Green Bay. I thought the Niners would come back to the pack this year too, but it didn't look like it Sunday. Their defense is outstanding, and if Alex Smith doesn't turn it over, they have a chance to get to 13 wins easily because of how soft that division is.
10. A lot of columnists I've read thought the replacement refs were okay in week 1...I disagree. The giving of a 4th timeout to Seattle in what was a close game in Arizona could have been a disaster. Just because it turned out not to hurt the Cardinals doesn't make it okay. At some point, these refs are going to do something catastrophically wrong and cost a team a game. It's time to get the regular refs back, before that happens.